2007年5月23日水曜日

Approaches for teaching vocabulary

Today we learned about two approaches for teaching vocabulary: the present and learn and the Learning through Input Approach. You can see a PowerPoint presentation of the approaches here. I would like to tell you about the strengths and weaknesses of each approach as well as the approach I would use as a Junior High School English teacher.



First, I will talk about the strengths and weaknesses of the Teaching and Learn Approach.
■Strengths
・ It is intelligible because it uses cards or charts.
■Weaknesses
・ It is passive.



Second, I will talk about the strengths and weaknesses of the Learning through Input Approach.
■Strengths
・It is easy to memorize.

■Weaknesses
・Some students understand many vocabulary, but the others can nat understand.

Lastly I would use both of these two methods for teaching vocabulary. Because it compensate each demerit with each merit.

6 件のコメント:

JH さんのコメント...

Otokojyuku,
I am glad to see that you are writing on your blog again. I am looking forward to your next post.
JH

rozen さんのコメント...

Hi☆
Thank you for your lesson!
My role was 'a student who don't like English lesson' so,I tried to act as it was but I made laugh by your funny behaviors.
The lesson was probably difficult for the real junior high school students but I learned interesting lesson is very important for many students.
Thank you♪

mayuchan さんのコメント...

Hello, Otokojuku. Thank you for your lesson. I enjoyed the lesson and could memorize words. Your idea which using music was very interesting for students. They will like English! It's very important thing in teaching English.

Naojin さんのコメント...

Hi Otokojiku, I'm Naojin.
You used music and dance and we were interesred in them. It was very good idea to use them through "Input Approach". We could learn new words and enjoy the class.
Thank you for your teaching.

hikkun さんのコメント...

Hello, OTOKOJUKU.
It was good for your class. your visual teaching materials makes student easy to understand English. The Leaves was cute. your voice of Leaf's father was dandy. Students will get interest of you.
Mr.Hall said to you that you may add a hearing and gesture with materials. I agree with him. multi-teaching looks like diffecult, but If we can these way, it will quite effective to understand.

radish さんのコメント...

Hi,Otokojuku.
I think your lesson was very funny and pretty.The picture of leaves you used was good idea and it was memorize.
And your moving looked like Gorila or Chinpangey,when you clapped your hands,that was realy funny.
Thank you for your lesson.